Monday, January 21, 2013

PRE Pre-Season Top 5 players for the 2013 Season

                   Well we all know that the off-season brings in a large amount of boredom. So to fight off that boredom, how about I create a story just like Ted and Kevin of the Pac 12 Blog without the wait.

                  I am going to do the Top 5 players from each Position or Position Category, for example the Offensive Line has 5 positions and I am not going to do each position. So ill do the top 10 from the OL and the DL.

   I will do the grading based off of what was accomplished the year before, match-ups in the schedule, and Overall talent. So sit back and ENJOY!




2013 Pre-Season Top 5 Quarterbacks 


1. Marcus Mariota, Oregon (rs) Sophomore.   This was really a tough one, but every time I watched the Duck's play I was amazed by Mariota's decision making. He looks like a robot on the field going through his progression, and has a very consistent throwing motion. His mobility and speed allow him to save a drive on 3rd and long, and with that it makes it tough for DB's to stick to their receivers. I believe Marcus will have a huge year with Helfrich at the helm.                                                                                                                                                      
2. Brett Hundley UCLA  (rs) Sophomore.     Again tough sledding picking the top two, but Hundley is my 2nd best QB, he led the Pac 12 in Passing yards in 2012 and was 3rd in Completion percentage. I look for him to have a lot more success next year.

3. Taylor Kelly Arizona State  Junior.  Kelly appears to have stone path laid in front of him with a versatile offense in it's 2nd year and a lot of returning players. I think Kelly could have as big of a year as both Hundley and Mariota but don't see him as the better player.

4. Kevin Hogan Stanford  Sophomore. What an end to the 2012 season for Hogan, I believe he fits in just right with what David Shaw wants to do.

5. Sean Mannion Oregon State Junior.  Despite an interesting 2012 season I believe Mannion breaks through for a big year at OSU, Mannion was leading the Pac 12 in Passing yards through the first 4 games. And he led the Beavers to a win over Arizona late. Once he finds consistency he will be very dangerous.  

18 comments:

  1. Feel free to debate what you see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kurbstomp, can you include a poll? I vote Oregon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so sure about Mannion. I guess we'll see.

    CTD/MSMcH/HRH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mannion shouldn't make the list. He's a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You forgot Price.

    Off-season's best QB. New and improved, now with more offensive line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see, and debate, the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd move Hogan higher, maybe put him at #2 and drop down Hundley and Kelly, and I certainly would put Price ahead of Mannion. Price's dropoff was more a product of the decimated offensive line.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, however Mannion in this since would have an even better offensive line with most of them returning.

      Delete
    2. On the other hand, Price's OL should be improved as well.

      HRH Spicy

      Delete
  8. I agree, I think Price over Mannion. We don't even know if Mannion will start. Price having his #1 RB and OLine back will be big.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Damn good thing you don't have Jordan Webb on here... Your credibility is still intact.

    I'll join the rest and put Price over Mannion as well. Last year was tough for him, I expect him to bounce back next season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Who will be starting at AU? Whomever it is will have a decent chance to be on your postseason list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A first year starter (probably a freshman) in a run first offense?

      Delete
  11. That's really cute CTD.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This was supposed to be "without the wait." You know,Ted and Kevin just might be finished with the preseason list before you.

    ReplyDelete